Moroccan Chicken Stew
A large handful of flaked almonds
Extra virgin olive oil
2 red onions, sliced
4 garlic cloves, diced
2 tsp ground ginger
1 tsp ground cumin
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1 tsp sweet paprika
4 chicken thighs, skin on
2 red peppers, sliced into thin strips
1 lemon, cit into 6 thick slices
A handgul of green olives, stones removed
300 ml bone broth
4 pitted dates
150 gr green beans
Sea salt and black pepper
- First toast the flaked almonds in a large dry pan. Careful! They burn easily.
- Now heat the extra virgin olive oil and cook the scliced onions for about 5 minutes. Add the garlic, ginger, cumin, cinnamon and paprika and fry for another minute.
- Add the chicken thighs and cook until they have a beautiful light brown colour on both sides.
- Add the red peppers slices, the lemon slices, olives, dates and broth. Simmer with the lid on for about 35 minutes until the chicken is cooked though.
- Add the green beans and cook another 5 minutes.
- Season to taste and sprinkle the toasted flaked almonds before serving.