Hair testing (hair sample)
It’s always possible to benefit from our testing – where ever you live, as we can do a full health MOT based on a hair sample. This is a very reliable method and you’ll get exactly the same results as anyone able to see us in person. You can have the results and prescription emailed to you usually within a week to ten days .
The hair analysis can help show up any hidden deficiencies before they cause problems and provide information leads to simple adjustments in your diet or taking a supplement regime to bring back health. We will use the hair sample to review the health of your body and mind by looking into all your body systems e.g. hormonal, immune, neurotransmitters, as well as playing attention to your digestion and detoxification pathways. This way we can look at the cause not just the symptoms that you may be experiencing.
All you have to do is print off a patient form and give us as much information as possible – all those things that would come up in conversation if you were with us for a face-to-face session – you can’t tell us too much. If you like, a photo can be included, with your hair sample, samples of any medication you are on if possible, and payment.
You receive a full test and a report with explanations about imbalances, triggers and links as well as a prescription with recommended natural remedies to sort your biochemical imbalances and if any other treatment is indicated.
Testing via a hair sample is a very useful method for those patients who cannot make it to our local clinics in Pembrokeshire. We still use the same testing method, i.e. kinesiology, and you receive prescription and a report via email or post. We are here to help and you are always welcome to ring or email with any questions after having read your report or started on your prescription.
Prepare Hair sample
The hair sample can be easily and painlessly obtained by a few simple snips rather than an invasive blood test.
- Cut a small lock as close to the the scalp or nape of the neck as possible. About an inch cut is required and if possible a couple of strands pulled out by the roots. Do not use hair from a hair brush. If you have very short hair or no hair on your head, take hair from your chest or under your arms.
- Wrap the hair sample in clean tissue paper or in an envelope. We recommend you avoid using aluminium foil as a wrapper, because for many of us aluminium is already a toxic metal, and if you personally have a problem with aluminium toxicity (which you may not realise), it could influence your results. Cling film is also not ideal but better than foil.
- Complete our patient form which outlines your health status at present, together with questions concerning medication and supplements you may be taking. It is also important for us to establish what your regular diet consists of. These are all important pieces of information which will help us to build a picture as to how to best support your health.
- Please note: The patient form can be opened in two different formats. The Word file is prepared so you can type directly in the fields and then print it out or email to us. The PDF file needs printing out first, and then you fill it in by hand. You need Adobe Acrobat Reader to view and print the PDF file. If you do not have Adobe Acrobat Reader, you can download it here: http://get.adobe.com/reader/
- It’s great if you can also include a recent photo of yourself as this is helpful in some cases.
- Send hair sample together with the completed form and payment to The Ark Haverfordwest, 5a Bridge Street, Haverfordwest, Pembrokeshire, SA61 2AL.
What happens with your hair next?
We offer a thorough exploration of your health issues, using kinesiology testing to diagnose the causes of your symptoms, as follows…
- First we look at finding out which part of your system is struggling, for example digestion, hormones, neurotransmitters, toxicity, liver detox pathways, lymphatic or musculo-skeletal system.
- We then look in greater detail at the underlying biochemistry causing the imbalance, for example a fungal infection, mineral deficiency, excessively acidic tissue or overproduction of one of the oestrogens and combined with checking for any food intolerances.
- With this in mind, we test for your specific remedies to the problem. It may be a herb, vitamin, mineral, or homeopathic remedy; or it could be that a physical treatment such as cranio-sacral therapy, Bowen Technique, or acupuncture is needed.
- If you need to take a remedy for a short while, we include test results showing exactly which remedy is the most effective for your constitution as well as the dose. Just buying zinc for example may not help you, if your body can only process zinc picolinate or zinc arginate.
CLICK HERE TO SEE MORE QUESTIONS THAT PEOPLE SOMETIMES ASK AND OUR ANSWERS – FAQs
See here for our Terms of testing.
All our programmes can be completed remotely via hair sample testing or in our clinic face to face. Here you can read more about the tool of kinesiology.
Hair testing can be paid for either via cheques made payable to The Nutrition Detectives, or via Paypal.